Prior to joining ProMatch:
1. Register with the NOVA Job Center and create a resume on the EDD CalJobs website.
2. Recommended NOVA Job Center courses: While waiting for your slot to open at ProMatch, it is recommended you complete the following courses offered at the NOVA Job Center:
- Ace the Interview
- Resume Facts
- Presenting Accomplishments
- LinkedIn 1 and 2
Requirements to consider prior to joining ProMatch:
1. Volunteer hours: As ProMatch members essentially “run” ProMatch by operating and maintaining all ProMatch activities, members are required to provide a minimum of 4 hours volunteer service each week. You should plan to spend at least 3 partial days per week engaged in ProMatch activities. Your active participation in ProMatch allows you to interact with other professionals seeking the next opportunity; unmatched by any other resource in Silicon Valley. ProMatch alumni have found their program experience valuable; some continue to contribute their expertise by providing assistance to current ProMatch members.
2. Weekly meetings: You must attend two ProMatch meetings each week – the Monday Business Meetings and the Thursday General Meeting. Attending these “working” meetings in addition to attending the ProMatch workshops offers members ongoing opportunities to become familiar with each other’s job search needs and careers goals, and to assist each other to attain these goals.